Come and be our new boss!
Join the PT committee in the role of President.
This is a minimum 1 year volunteer position based anywhere in Tassie.
You’ll be joining an awesome team of folks who are involved in permaculture across Tassie. You don’t need to be an expert in permaculture – or anything else for that matter. The main criteria for our team is having skills and enthusiasm to get involved, get things done, and have an interest in learning more. You’ll also need to be a current PT member.
- support from a team of like-minded folk for ideas and endeavours to promote, support and inspire permaculture living across Tasmania.
- face to face committee planning meetups and shared meal at a rad permie inspired venue (6 monthly) with fellow committee members . (Can be attended via zoom if unable to make it in person).
- represent PT at events (permaculture and sustainable living events and expos)
- connect with permie elders and newbies, and everyone in between, providing a rich tapestry of inspiring and enriching conversation, opportunities, experiences and learning opportunities.
President duties include:
- chair the Committee meetings and AGM
- media focal point (with Events Officer)
- strategic planning and communication and consultation with members e.g. surveys
- with Vice President, works on partnerships and cross promotion of PT with other organisations. And with the Membership Officer for member benefits.
- work with Newsletter Officer, Events Officer, Social Media volunteers to ensure appropriate public image including social media, website and communication materials.
- with relevant team member(s) including VP ensure appropriate briefing and recruitment of team members, and update of procedures document (with Secretary and PO).
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’re interested, and what experience and skills you can bring to the role.
(Permaculture qualifications although highly regarded are not essential.)