The Forest Fungi Mushroom Cultivation Course, is a 2 day workshop for anyone interested in learning how to cultivate mushrooms and seeing a working, small scale mushroom farm.
When you complete Forest Fungi’s course, you will learn how to grow the many different (pink, gold, white, blue, king, brown and grey) oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus sp.), Shiitakes (Lentinula edodes), Pioppino (Agrocybe aegetia), Nameko (Phoiota nameko), Lions mane (Hericium coralloides), Reishi (Ganoderma sp.), Turkeys Tails (Trametes versicolor) and a host of other Saprophytic mushrooms.
We believe the best way to learn is to do, so you will be doing lots of hands on practicals over the 2 days. Forest Fungi will teach you all the steps of mushroom cultivation techniques, so you can understand the whole process, and start growing your own mushrooms at home.
- taking spore prints for identification and propagation
- cloning a store bought or wild foraged mushroom on a petri dish
- making liquid cultures
- building a simple still air box,
- using a laminar flow hood
- making organic grain spawn,
- making your own sawdust spawn and dowel spawn,and;
- fruiting mushrooms on logs, in buckets, bags, jars or even ceramic pots.
You will get to take home eight different species of delicious gourmet mushroom cultures on a mixture of petri dish cultures, liquid culture syringes, fruiting bags and dowels, so you can keep growing at home including:
- Oyster mushrooms such as: King, Blue, Pink, White, Yellow, Grey (Pleurotus sp.),
- Shiitakes (Lentinula edodes),
- Pioppino (Agrocybe aegerita), and;
- Nameko (Pholiota nameko).
- Lions Mane (Hericium coralloides)
Plus you will receive detailed notes, on-going on-line support, and access to our Culture Club, which gives you discounts on all our products.
You will also get to take home your own shiitake log that you inoculate with dowel spawn on the course! (or take the dowels home if you fly in).